Wouldn’t it be nice if we could always look at the world through rose-coloured glasses? At Dr. Specs Optical, we offer a variety of lens tints and colours to suit your lifestyle. Different lens colours and tints can help you see better in various situations, like driving on sunny days or working at an office computer.
This is your guide to the most popular lens colours and how they can benefit your vision:
- Grey Tint: Grey is the most popular lens tint for sunglasses because they provide superior vision when it’s either sunny or cloudy. They are also ideal for driving because they help to reduce glare.
- Brown Tint: Brown is another common option because it helps to block out blue light and sharpens vision on overcast days. They are popular for outdoor activities like golf and mountain biking because they provide contrast to blue and green backgrounds.
- Blue Tint: Most people use computers and electronic devices every day, and those devices emit bright harmful blue light. This light can cause eye strain, blurred vision and headaches. Blue lenses help filter the blue light and prevent it from entering your retina. Too much exposure to blue light can cause eyes to age prematurely.
- Rose Tint: These pink-coloured lenses are the most calming among the different tint colours because they make it easier for your eyes to adjust to contrast. These lenses are perfect for winter sports because they help enhance vision and depth of field. They also help to reduce overall eye strain.
- Gradient Tints: Lens colours don’t always have to cover the whole lens. Gradient tints give lenses a faded look where the bottom of the lens is less intensely-coloured than the top. The tint on the top of the lens helps protect your eyes from harsh overhead lighting.
- Photochromic Lenses: These lenses, often known by the brand-name Transitions, can change from dark to light with exposure to the sun. These lenses are convenient for people who are sensitive to light because they provide constant UV protection.
We’re Here to Help
Dr. Specs Optical in Kelowna, centrally located next to MEC, Nature’s Fare and the Orchard Mall, provides complete eyewear services to. From eye exams and contact lenses to designer frames and lens coatings, Dr. Specs helps you see clearly. Contact us today to learn more about our custom lens tints for glass and plastic lenses or to book an eye exam.